Aspley Classes for Seniors conduct classes at the Aspley Uniting Church and The Church of the Resurrection in Ridley Road for people aged 50 years and over. The classes are sponsored by:
- Aspley Uniting Church, 748 Robinson Road, Aspley
- Our Lady and St Dympna’s Catholic Church, 479 Robinson Road, Aspley and
- Aspley-Albany Creek Anglican Parish (The Church of the Resurrection), 30 Ridley Road, Bridgeman Downs
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – TERM 3 CLASSES
Following the cancellation of the classes conducted by Aspley Classes for Seniors in Term 2 this
year due to the COVID-19 restrictions, approval has now been given by the Aspley Parishes of
the Uniting and Anglican Churches for some of the classes to resume in their Halls in Term 3.
Information about the classes that can resume and the conditions that apply is set out below.
Information for Students, Tutors and other Volunteers about
COVID-19 SAFE PLAN Requirements and Related Issues for Term 3, 2020
Dates for Term 3: Week commencing Monday 20 July to week ending Saturday 5 September.
Please read and note the following before attending the first class in Term 3:
1. Current social distancing restrictions allow up to :
20 people in the Hall and 20 people in the Annexe at the Aspley Uniting Church, 748
Robinson Road, Aspley;
20 people in the Hall at the Anglican Church, 30 Ridley Road, Bridgeman Downs; and
10 people in the Ridley Road Men’s Shed and 10 people at the Rear or Verandah of
the Anglican Church, 30 Ridley Road, Bridgeman Downs;
PROVIDED there is at least 4 square metres per person and 1.5 metres between people.
2. The following classes usually held at the Aspley Uniting Church cannot comply with the current
social distancing requirements and will NOT be held in Term 3:
Mah Jong; Line Dancing; Indoor Bowls; Computers.
3. The following classes usually held at the Uniting Church can comply with the current social
distancing requirements and will be held in Term 3, subject to sufficient enrolments:
Greeting Cards; Crochet and Knitting; Piano Club; Tapestry; Watercolours Beginners and
Experienced; Painting for Pleasure; Russian.
4. The following classes usually held at the Anglican Church or the Ridley Road Mens Shed can
comply with the current social distancing requirements and will be held in Term 3, subject to
Gentle Yoga for Seniors; German; French Beginners; French Advanced; Italian; Spanish;
5. Tutors, students and any other persons present at a class will be required to sign an attendance
register each week. By signing the register, each person declares that they:
Do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever [body temperature
exceeding 38 oC], cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss
of sense of smell);
Do not have COVID-19 nor are they awaiting the results from being tested for COVID-19;
Have not been in contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14
Have not returned, or been in contact with anyone else who has returned, from
overseas in the past 14 days.
……….continued next page
6. The Attendance Register will be pre-filled with the names and contact details of the tutor and of
students enrolled in Term 1, 2020. However, these must be checked and declared to be correct.
7. By signing the Attendance Register, consent is also given for your personal information being
made available, if requested, to either the Uniting Church or the Anglican Church (as
appropriate) or a public health official of Queensland Health for the purposes of contact tracing
in relation to a confirmed COVID-19 case or related matters.
8. No morning or afternoon teas for students will be held during Term 3.
9. Consumption of food on the Church premises will not be allowed.
10. Each person present at a class must provide their own drinking water.
11. Tutors and students might be asked to assist with the sanitizing of tables, chairs, etc., before and
after each class. Sanitizing products and instructions will be provided.
12. There will be no Enrolment Day for Term 3.
13. Students enrolled in Term 1 are asked to notify their tutors of their intention to enrol in Term 3
one week before the first class, to allow planning for classroom set-up, etc.
14. Persons who had not been enrolled in a class in Term 1 can enrol in some of the classes that are
running in Term 3, subject to Tutor discretion. New enrolments will not be accepted for the
Reading and Gentle Yoga for Seniors. Persons interested in any of the other classes are asked to
advise the Committee of their interest at least one week prior to the start of Term 3 by sending
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning Ailsa on 3263 6454.
15. Venues for some of the classes held at the Uniting Church will be changed to accommodate
social distancing requirements, e.g. Painting classes re-located to the Hall, Tapestry and Russian
re-located to the Annexe.
16. Venues for some of the classes at the Anglican Church will also be changed to accommodate
social distancing requirements, e.g. Italian and Spanish to the Hall and possibly German to the
17. Re-enrolling students should use the re-enrolment form and envelope given to them at the end
of Term 1 to enrol in Term 3. Place the completed enrolment form and CORRECT money in the
envelope, seal it, write your name of the outside of the envelope and hand it to your tutor or
Class Coordinator (Meaghan, Ailsa, Ian). If you have do not have a copy of the enrolment form,
a copy is available on our website.
18. Class fee for the available classes is $20 per term. The weekly fee for attendance at a class on a
casual basis is now $5. The correct amount of money must be provided. No change will be
available at the class and receipts will be issued at a later date.
Date of issue: 29 June 2020